There's music in love, love in music, and life is all in between

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Quotes

So through the years we have collected lots of quotes. Here are some of my favorites.

“NEVER EXPECT TOO MUCH”

“Oh tear filled figure who, like a sky held back, grows heavy above the landscape of her sorrow and when she weeps, the gentle raindrops fall, slanting upon the sand-bed of her heart”
-RILKE

“Rain fell last night quiet gentle rain that tapped against my window pane and called me back from troubled sleep to soothe a heart too numb to weep”

“I know there’s other fish in the sea, but I lost my pole when the last one got away from me”

“Can you go back in time, to a place in your mind, to the one who knew a part of you that you just couldn’t find? If you asked me to choose between a memory or two, when its all said and done, id take the one whose love I had to lose”

“Dreams last for so long, even after you’re gone, I know you love me and soon you will see you were meant for me and I was meant for you”

“.. the way I see it, you can either learn from it or cry about it”

“When you come to a road block, take a detour”

“Don’t hold grudges; its pointless. Jealousy too is a non- cathartic negative emotion” (I live by this quote.. well the jealousy part at least.)

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him, if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.” (remember there is nothing worse than the feeling of envy when your always nice)

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent”

“Every man dies, not every man truly lives”

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: ITGOES ON”

“You can complain whether roses have thorns or rejoice cause thorns have roses”



Poem that is not mine but I really really like

The letter ill never send would
Calmly ask you why, you
Broke my hear in two and told
My love goodbye

If I ever sent this letter
It would sweetly state
You tangled up your destiny
And interrupted fate

The letter I will not write
Would casually inquire
How can you live without me-
I was your one desire

If you received this letter
It would politely say you
Need me in your life now
You cant go on this way.

The letter Ill never send
Would then be briskly
Signed “your one and only
Love” you know the one you
Left behind.

By Rebecca Saida

No comments: